Top 5 Exchanges to Buy XRP
Ripple’s XRP is one of the top trading cryptocurrencies by market capitalization for years now, representing the third-largest crypto in the market. XRP was even briefly ranked as the second-largest digital asset, surpassing Ethereum’s ETH by market cap in 2018. As of the latest, Ripple’s CEO Brad Garlinghouse announced that XRP increased transaction volumes by 50% during a short period of time, thanks to numerous clients in the sector of finances, such as MoneyGram, who are using XRP as a bridge for cross-border transactions. Being one of the top players in the market of cryptocurrencies and digital assets, XRP is gaining more momentum among traders and investors interested in cryptocurrency investments, which is why it is important to find the best and safest place to by Ripple (XRP). To help you get around buying XRP, we have compiled a list of top 5 crypto exchanges where you can easily and securely trade XRP in 2019.
Traders who are looking for the safest and most secure option, may find Tokens.net exchange to be the perfect choice for buying Ripple’s XRP. Alongside Ripple’s crypto XRP, Tokens.net offers a wide range of cryptocurrency and tokens to buy, sell and invest in. With European-based headquarters, located in the UK, Tokens.net exchange enables users to buy Ripple XRP by using a credit card. Visa and MasterCard are widely accepted, so traders may easily purchase and access cryptocurrency market via fiat gateway, making buying XRP easier and simpler than ever. Users may also take advantage of numerous trading tools and key data metrics you can use for determining the perfect time for buying XRP and other cryptos and tokens. In addition to accessing a high-security place for trading crypto, Tokens.net doesn’t require KYC verification in order to allow instant trading with XRP and other digital assets listed on the exchange. The exchange has never been hacked, placing emphasis on security and safety of traders and investors. Moreover, makers are eligible for zero fees with ultimate transparency in trading fees, which can be checked and confirmed prior to completing a trade.
- Buying XRP via credit card through available fiat gateway, Visa and MasterCard are accepted
- Transparent fees
- Zero trading fees for makers
- No KYC verification required to start trading
- Trusted founder
- 100% transparent trading fees
- Trading tools for beginners and more experienced traders
- Beginners need to get used to more complicated trading tools
Changelly is another one of top places to buy Ripple’s XRP. Changelly has a simple user-interface, so even inexperienced traders can find their way around exchanging fiat to crypto, as well as crypto to crypto. Bitcoin can be directly exchanged for any other cryptocurrency supported by the exchange. Fees for exchanging crypto-to-crypto are very low, making only 0.5% of the initial amount you are exchanging. In the meanwhile, trading fees are higher, set at 5%. You can also use credit cards for buying cryptocurrency on Changelly. However, in case traders are interested in funding their crypto purchase with Visa or MasterCard, fees are increased 5 times, totaling 0.25% on credit card funding. In addition, KYC verification is required in order to use credit cards for buying XRP and other cryptocurrencies. Changelly is most definitely one of the more popular exchanges, especially for beginners and crypto buyers who would like to complete their purchase promptly. An average purchase on Changelly takes around 10 minutes to complete.
- Crypto to crypto exchange fees are low
- No identity verification required unless you choose to use credit cards
- Secure and safe exchange
- Simple user-interface suitable for prompt exchanging and less experienced traders
- KYC verification required for traders and crypto buyers who wish to buy XRP and other cryptocurrencies with credit card
- High trading fees and high fees for credit card funding
- Limited trading for newly arrived traders – it takes a month after opening an account to remove the trading limit
Based in San Francisco and backed by trusted investors and supported, Coinbase represents one of the biggest blockchain and crypto-oriented networks, which also includes Coinbase exchange for buying and selling cryptocurrency. Additionally, Coinbase is the biggest crypto exchange in the market, making a popular choice for traders since it offers a wide range of funding options. Users can fund their accounts via PayPal, EFT, SWIFT, SEPA, credit cards, and ACH. The reason why Coinbase is not “your ultimate crypto exchange” is the fact that not many cryptos are available on the exchange. On the bright side, you can buy Ripple XRP and other top trading cryptocurrencies, while accessing a user-friendly interface. Coinbase is operating since 2012 and is most certainly the biggest exchange with support in over 100 countries. However, some traders may find their fees a bit hefty.
- Trusted exchange with a status of the largest exchange in the market
- Multiple payment and withdrawal methods
- All top cryptocurrencies are available for purchase and trading
- Micro-transactions enabled with credit card
- Full verification required before trading XRP and other cryptos
- High trading fees
- SWIFT funding requires minimum of 10,000 GBP
- Not many cryptocurrencies are available
Bitfinex is a cryptocurrency broker exchange founded in Virgin Islands with headquarters in Hong Kong. The exchange started their operations back in 2012, today offering a wide range of cryptocurrencies and tokens. Bitfinex has been hacked on several occasions in the past, which brings the security of the platform in question. Among numerous cryptocurrencies, you can also buy Ripple XRP on Bitfinex as the exchange has trading pairs for all top cryptocurrencies. The exchange offers margin trading and advanced trading tools popular among more experienced traders who know their way around the markets. Bitfinex also offers over-the-counter trading for private deals. The exchange has a fiat gateway for funding. However, no credit cards are accepted – only wire transfers are allowed, accepting deposits in EUR, USD, GBP and JPY. What might be a problem for some traders interested in buying XRP is the fact that Bitfinex might have higher fees than other competitive exchanges, in addition to asking for a minimum of 10,000 USD to start trading.
- Advanced trading tools for experienced traders
- Over 50 trading pairs to trade with, including XRP trading pairs
- Unlimited withdrawals enabled
- Doesn’t support US traders
- Users need a minimum of 10.000 USD to start trading
- Questionable transparency
- Has been hacked before
- No credit cards accepted
Bitstamp is another solid exchange where Ripple XRP is listed and available to buy and sell. Bitstamp is also one of the oldest exchanges in the market, operating since 2011, additionally standing as one of the top choices for EU-based traders. You can use Bitstamp for stop orders, market orders, limit orders and instant orders, while other types of trade orders are not available. Much like Coinbase, Bitstamp also has a limited offer of cryptocurrencies. Luckily, XRP is listed and available for trading on the exchange. Users can use SEPA and regular wire transfers, as well as credit cards to purchase XRP alongside available cryptocurrencies, however, fees are higher for these types of funding methods. In addition, a complete KYC verification is required before making a purchase of XRP and other top cryptos.
- Accepts all major credit cards, alongside having multiple funding options
- Safe and secure despite two cases of hack attacks in 2014 and 2015
- Easy to use interface
- Suitable for beginner traders
- Full KYC required before trading
- High fees on credit card funding and trading
- No margin trading available
- Limited list of supported cryptocurrencies